This is our initial public release of the SourceView Bible app. We're thrilled to be a part of sharing God's Word in an exciting new way.
READ THE BIBLE IN A FRESH NEW WAY
- Biblical text in four different colors reads dramatically like a script.
- Color defines source roles per book:
- Red letters when God speaks
- Green letters when the speaking source is a lead character
- Blue for supporting sources
- Narration is always black text
- See who is speaking by revealing source names with a simple swipe to the right.
- Scroll through an entire book without the disruption of turning pages or stepping through chapters.
- All books and chapters have a calculated read time so you can plan your study accordingly.
- We’re excited to launch SourceView in the New Living Translation, a version true to the original languages and easy to read out loud or privately.
- In groups, readers can pick a color to read aloud, like taking a part in a dramatic script.
START YOUR JOURNEY OF ENDLESS DISCOVERY
- Learn things you never knew about the Bible by observing data points that have never been available until now.
- See the relative word count of books and chapters and the amount each role played in them.
- Look closer at who speaks, the words they used, and to whom they were directed.
- Create pie charts, bar charts, and word clouds from information you’re curious about:
- Who speaks most in the Bible?
- Who said the word “peace” in the Bible?
- What professions spoke in the book of Genesis?
- Who spoke most in a given time period?
- What words does God say to women in the Old Testament?
- All visual discoveries point you right back to the Scripture that corresponds to your charts.
NAVIGATE THE BIBLE LIKE NEVER BEFORE
- Quickly jump to a passage by entering a variety of different reference searches, e.g. J3:16 (verse) or John Jesus 18 (occurrence)
- Step backward or forward through screens you have already seen, which is great for jumping around during a sermon or Bible lesson.
- View a history of the screens you have seen direct links to key areas in the app, and any personally bookmarked location in Scripture.
* Occurrence counts are the number of times a source spoke in a book. John Jesus 18 is the 18th time Jesus spoke in John—similar to lines of a script.
GET TO KNOW WHO SPEAKS IN THE BIBLE AND THE ROLE THEY PLAY
- See how much a source said and step through each speaking occurrence.
- Review who a source spoke to and who spoke to that source.
- Jump into any conversation by stepping through what one source says to another.
- Learn more about a source's background, like when they live, what they did for work, and what books they speak in.
- Gain a deeper understanding of a source's personal character by focusing on the words they used.
- Observe how a source's words connect to the seven spheres of society with SphereView unlocked.
OBSERVE HOW SCRIPTURE SHAPES A BIBLICAL CHRISTIAN WORLDVIEW*
Society is shaped by seven spheres of influence. With the SphereView in-app purchase unlocked, you'll be able to make personal observations about how scripture can be used to shape a Biblical Christian worldview.
- Read through Scripture with various SphereView highlights turned on
- Explore key passages for each sphere
- Meditate on how a source's words relate to and impact society
* SphereView will be available for free for a limited preview period. In the future it will require an in-app purchase.